1 million passengers use Dubai Metro
More than 1 million passengers have used the Metro. This is amazing since the Metro was only launched on September 9th.
The Metro has had its share of problems. The trains have broken down, crowded stations, inexperienced Metro staff and even stations being closed due to overcrowding but this is normal. Every public transport system has these problems and the one thing I have to give credit to is the Metro keeps on going despite everything that happens.
If its only taken a month for Metro to reach the 1 million mark then it wont be long before people start taking the Metro as more than just a tourist ride and actually for real transport needs. Its also helped reduce the traffic on the road, I've noticed this when driving home the traffic is a little less bumper to bumper and its been a long time since I've seen a gridlock traffic jam. Below are station states of passenger numbers according to station.
The number of passengers served by each station between September 9-26.
- Mall of the Emirates Station - 192,585
- Rashidiya Station - 147,741
- Khalid bin Al Waleed Station - 138,720
- Nakheel Harbour & Tower - 122,997
- Al Ittihad Station - 108,467
- Deira City Center - 99,871
- Financial Center Station - 70,973
- Rigga Station - 62,621
- Jafliaya Station - 41,674
- Airport T-3 Station - 32,381.
Here's congratulating the Metro on reaching the 1 million mark.